New Kru Town
Our Health Center in one of Monrovia´s most disadvantaged areas. We offer low-price services, but many people can´t even afford that. US $75,000 would allow us to offer free services during a whole year.
Free under 5 program
Children are the most endangered population in Liberia, but they are its future as well. US $185,000 would allow us to offer completely free healthcare and treatments for children under 5.
PMTCT HIV – AIDS program
This program comprises different actions aimed to prevent mother-to-children transmission of HIV and AIDS, and to do the follow-up of the babies, as well as the nutrition of those in need. US $80,000 would allow SJCH to keep on running this program for a whole year.
Stop Fistula program
This program fights against the physical and phsicological consequences of vaginal fistula, a condition suffered by 2 million US $300 pays for the reconstructive surgery of a woman affected by this condition.
Medical equipment and surgical instrument
New X-Ray equipment(US $190,000, achieved thanks to funds from the Italian Episcopal Conference ) Mamography unit(will be the first in the country, US $150,000)
- Dyalisis unit (will be the first in the country)
- Repairs on the PCR unit, reactives (Laboratory, US $12,000)
- Funds for training in Nursery, Emergencies, Laboratory, Intensive Care…
- Oxygent plant (US $30,000).
- Solar panels system (to scale down expenditures in electricity and allow us to spend the savings in medicines and treatments).